How to setup the NuVu Cloud
All users can use NuVu's cloud service to share files for lasercutting and between collaborators. There are two options for accessing NextCloud, on the Web or through a client. Using the desktop client is preferable, but if you have issues, the web client works as well.
- Navigate to https://nextcloud.nuvustudio.com
- Use your login info for nuvustudio.com (your email and your NuVu password)
- Create a new folder called "laser_your name" under "Nextcloud"
- Click on the share iconfor the folder, choose "share with Nextcloud" and share it with the user name provided by your Coach.
- If you are at NuVu Cambridge, share with "lasercutter".
- That will create a copy of your laser cutter folder in the laser cutter computer.
- Download next cloud using the addresses below:
mac client https://download.nextcloud.com/desktop/releases/Mac/Installer/Nextcloud-188.8.131.52.pkg
windows client https://download.nextcloud.com/desktop/releases/Windows/Nextcloud-184.108.40.206-setup.exe
- Double click on the file to install Nextcloud.
- For the server, enter: https://nextcloud.nuvustudio.com
- For logging in, use your login info for nuvustudio.com (your email and your NuVu password)
- Accept the default settings by clicking on "Connect"
- On the next screen, click "Open Local Folder" This is where the NuVu cloud will sync to your machine.
- After the installation is complete, go to Finder and create a new folder called "laser_your name" under "Nextcloud"
- Right click on that folder, choose "share with Nextcloud" and share it with the following users:
- If you are at NuVu main space, share with "lasercutter".
- If you are at MIT, share with "NuVuMIT"
- That will create a link to your laser cutter folder in the laser cutter computer.