Welcome to the Nutopian Fashion studio page :)
Once your material kit arrives in the mail, complete the two pre-studio activities posted below.
Before our first day of studio, please collect these additional items:
1. Clothes to upcycle! Choose 3-5 garments that you are comfortable cutting up and re-purposing. Try to include at least one top and one bottom that still fit *relatively* well (they can be too big, but not too small). The rest can be any size (except baby clothes...that won't give you much fabric to work with). Let us know if you don't have anything that you can use at home.
2. Recycled materials for prototyping. Think cereal boxes, translucent plastic jugs and bottle caps, packaging and ribbon with interesting patterns/colors/textures, leftover craft supplies, etc.
3. Regular scissors (the ones in your kit are for fabric only!!)
4. (OPTIONAL) Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks. This will make your life easier when we get into prototyping.
5. Big paper! Anything from leftover wrapping paper to brown packaging paper works, as long as it has a blank side. You can even use an unfolded paper bag! If you don't have this collected for day 1, that's ok. We will use it later on in the week.
6. Recycled materials for stuffing. Think bubble wrap, packaging, old linens, newspaper, plastic or paper bags, etc.
7. A clothes iron and ironing board or towel. (please make sure you learn how to use this before class starts)
8. A "tripod" for the device you will be using to take photos (phone or tablet). If you don't have one at home, you can try making one like these or this.