Today we had another brainstorming session and we decided to scrap the idea with the belt system because we thought it would be too bulky and Nico, being in a wheelchair, likely would not feel comfortable with this. We then went on to start prototyping more and we came up with a third idea of a physical therapy device so that Nico could train without having to have the hoop or ball and when he is playing basketball he would not need his brace. We continued to iterate on this idea and came up with a similar brace with two strings attached to it and weights attached to those strings that could go behind his wheelchair, then the brace would be attached to two pillars with a base that would sit on his leg. As we kept on iterating on this idea we eventually decided to scrap the brace and weights and go with something similar to a resistance band with the same sort of brace design connecting the two ends.
1. Picture of the resistance brace in an active position
2. Picture of the resistance brace in a standby position
3. Picture of Raph wearing the brace at a standby position
4. Picture of Raph wearing the brace in an active position
5. Picture of scrapped weight idea at a standby position