For this activity, you will print, assemble, and customize your own paper toy! Attached to this post are two styles of paper toys to choose from. There are two (2) parts to this activity.
Part 1: Print and Assemble
For this section you will need access to a printer, as well as these materials from your kit:
- Double Sided Tape or Sobo glue
Once you have your materials, you can begin:
- Download one of the PDFs from this post, there is a bunny that blinks and a bird that flaps its wings!
- Print the PDF you have selected on the cardstock (white, 8.5x11") from your kit
- Cut along the solid lines
- Fold along the dotted lines
- Tape or Glue the pieces together as shown in the images in this post (above), being sure to connect parts 'A' to 'A' and 'B' to 'B'
- Play with your toy, figuring out how it moves and how you might change it
- Share with your friends, and take pictures or videos of your paper toy!
Part 2: Customize
To make it truly your own, replace part of the paper toy (the face of the bunny, or the body and wings of the bird) with something you design yourself. What can you turn it into? Maybe you have a favorite animal or character that you can draw or print out!
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 from Part 1
- Draw and Cut your own design for the face or body of your toy
- Assemble your new custom toy
- Document and Share photos of your creation!