NuVuX Global Challenges: Graffiti Gratitude
NuVuX Global Challenges is an ongoing series of challenges for students ages 5 to 18 to share experiences, stories, and ideas, while creating a positive impact in the world through design. Each challenge addresses a theme, giving students the opportunity to address current issues in the world in different ways. This week's challenge is Graffiti Gratitude.
Graffiti Gratitude Challenge
We all have people to be thankful for, especially in the current moment. They may not know how much we appreciate them, and now is the time to show it. Express gratitude in an unexpected way by creating a surprising thank you project for a person, a group of people, or an organization that is making a difference in these challenging times. Maybe it’s your local grocery store worker, or your mailman, or a family member. Your project can be for someone you know or for someone you don’t. Find a safe time and place to install it (not violating any social distancing guidelines), and be creative!
How Do I Participate?
- Be a current student between 5 and 18 years old.
- Pick a person, a group of people, or an organization that is making a difference in these challenging times.
- Brainstorm ideas and create your installation. Think about supplies you have around your house and locations where your project will be most impactful.
- Photograph your project. Try to capture the person you're thanking reacting to your project!
- Submit on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter by tagging @nuvustudio and by using #NuVuXGlobalChallenges. Also tag the person (or people) your project is for, your city, and your school. In the text of your post, please include your first name, school, age, and the city and country you are posting from.
- If you prefer to submit by email, title the email “Graffiti Gratitude” and send your photograph(s) to email@example.com with your first name, school, age, city, and country.
A few things to think about...
- Get creative with materials and supplies around your house, including recyclables or things you might otherwise throw away.
- Be considerate of others while creating your installation, and remember to follow the social distancing guidelines in your town or city.
- In this challenge, "graffiti" means a public form of artistic expression, not necessarily spray painting. Don't vandalize!
Need inspiration? Explore the presentation at the top of this post to get ideas for your project.
What Happens Next?
After each challenge, we will feature the most creative entries in our newsletter and across our social media platforms. Challenges will be ongoing, and different prizes for the best submissions will be announced and awarded along the way. Towards the end of the 2020-21 school year, a grand prize will be announced for three exceptional participants.
For NuVu’s partners and friends around the world, we ask that each of you share this call for entries with your respective schools and student networks, and to support our shared goal of bringing innovative education and learning to diverse groups of students around the world.