I began my day by continuing the wood slider attachment idea that I started yesterday. I modeled a few different configurations using different combinations of modules, and I added the divots for the slider to fit into.
While trying to come up with another way to attach the modules, I started playing around with adding half-cylinders to the triangular modules, and after resizing the triangle to share the dimensions of all the other modules, I was able to put together some interesting spoked seating arrangements for public spaces. I ended up remodeling the previous configurations that had triangles to use the resized modules.
I modeling the strap idea to show how it only works for convex shapes. While adaptable to different configurations, the strap hangs midair around dips in the side of furniture pieces. During my meeting with Todd (my CSW capstone advisor) this afternoon, he suggested wrapping the strap around a central module before looping back to the next far point in order to resolve the issue with the air gap on concave shapes. It might be a good idea to try out.
I was wondering if modules with slots to fit onto a wood grid might be a way to make the designs completely adaptable, so I modeled a large grid and placed a configuration on it. When all of the modules are parallel or perpendicular, it is possible for the slots to line up in the same spot, but this is not the case for other angles. The grid ends up making it difficult to place the modules, so I don't think I will continue working with this attachment.