This weekend I got a chance to follow a tutorial on V-Ray for Rhino, where I learned the there is a virtual exposure control that was causing the blown out renders. I also looked through the files for Rhino's built in rendering materials to see if ones of their stucco materials was a good match, but for now I am sticking with the custom material.
I began working on possible attachment mechanisms for mycelium pieces. So far I just have a wood plank that fits into both pieces to keep them from sliding apart.
I also baked the second mycelium base again after it dried for a number of weeks and photographed it. I then spent a while doing some sloppy edits to remove some red labeling on the fabric backdrop.