more construction!

Keziah Hoyt
1 / 1

Today we worked on making another model, this time instead of just box cutting we used rhino. After making the cart we worked on the model treadmill. We figured out the different components it would take and began the process. We decided that for rollers we would use pvc pipe and ball bearings. We came to the problem of the ball bearings being too small to take up the space needed in the pipes. To solve this we 3D printed knobs that would tightly hold the ball bearing and take up the room needed to spin the pipe. On our first try the hole for the dowel was too small and the whole thing wasn't quite big enough to stay tightly in the pipe. After fixing these flaws and reprinting we made successful rollers. We hope to fully construct the treadmill tomorrow.