For todays studio time I made 3 prototypes, one with string, but the string would not hold the coiled shape of the seahorse, so I decided to use more of a structured material like wire. Wire is sturdy and holds shape.
I also made a hedge hog, I used string to make the head fold and unfold. I did that so that it would move into a ball.
Next steps:I would add texture to the hedge hog and find a way for the spikes to go up and down. For the sea horse I would make more texture and maybe use a wire and engine so that the wire could coil then uncoil. This could make it sturdier and work without someone pulling it.