Today, we put further work in our 3d model. There was no progress on that however, as we found it very difficult to make the augmented reality to work with our own image target. While waiting for help we built two cart models in fusion; the frist one was a pacman cart and the second one was a ghost cart. Next period, we will put more work into the augmented reality in order to make it work. We will also 3d print the models we have built this period.
Today, we tried to make our target image work and implement more features on the game model we had created. First and foremost, we changed the color of the background image of the map. We also added a red circle in an attempt to fix a glitch where the 3D model could not be tracked on the image. Unfortunately, we could not make it work. Hence all further progress was temporarily halted. We plan to work on it at home and to fix the problem ASAP. In the next course, we plan to build a larger model of the pacman cart in wood in addtion to the augmented reality.
Today, we tested the app augment that would be used to in our project. We also made attempts to make virtual walls in our augmented virtuality game. However, we later decided to build real walls instead of relying on virtual reality because we had real 3D models of carts that would be used in our game. During this course, we encountered some problems. For instance, we could not make the target image work and we were indecisive about whether to use physical walls or virtual ones. Next period, we would be going to Publix.
Today, we completed and tested the experimental prototype of the augmented reality made with unity. We have also started to work on the augmented reality of our shopping cart project. Despite the fact that the mouse's right button at first did not work and we struggled to find a fitting image for the target of the augmented reality, we were able to make steady progress towards the end of the period. Next period, we plan in implementing the 3d object into the augmented reality. We look foward to what it will look like!
Today, using the tutorial on the creation of augmented reality, we experimented with the unity program. During the course of this period, we managed to follow the process of the tutorial and make our first augmented reality model while our two other teamates came up with great concept of the cart. We did encounter several problems, like the malfunction of our computer. We managed to pull it off, however, by switching computers. Next period, we plan to finish this model we made and to test its funtionality.
the video we used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qahu9PYaEbM
Today, we watched a video tutorial about the creation of an augmented reality with Unity 3D and we proceeded to build a 3D cart for our project in Fusion 360. We have also created an account for both Unity and other programs that were needed to create the augmented reality. We did encounter a small issue on the process of making the augmented reality, but I am going to explore further about it at home. Next class, we plan to print out the cart and implement it into the Unity engine.
Today, we further researched for a program that would allow us to create an augmented reality for our project. We decided to use the unity 3d engine and we made a list of equipments necessary in order to make our project come to life. We also started a mockup of the supermarket design that I had in mind. During the process of scketching, we encountered some problems. For instance, I could not successfully create an unity account and no one could install the desired program onto their computer. We would try again at home and maybe, with a bit of luck, we will be able to work on it. In the next course, we plan to finish the mockup and to start experimenting with the new programs.
Today, we discussed about the ideas and concept designs that would be utilized in the innovating the shopping cart. While my teamates explored the possibility of motion capture, I made several plans on improving and adapting the surrounding environment in order to better incorporate the fun elements in the shopping experience. First and foremost, I designed retractable compartments where all the products are stored. These can be elevated when a customer desires something inside the compartment. I also rearranged the positions of different areas. Notably the playground area was repositioned in the center while the shopping area was located around the playground. Finally, the entire structure of the market would be made of glass. During today's sketching process, we had difficulty in finding information about more advanced technological concepts and we had trouble finding more ideas. Nevertheless, through our efforts, we succeded in improving our design and overcoming our shortcoming. Next period, we plan to start building a mockup of our concept.