Today was a solid day. Since there wasn't much work to do we took our time, carefully prepping our mold and casting solutions. We had to mixed the solvent (A) and solute (B) and stirring them thoroughly. We then poured the new solution into our negative casts of our mask. The mold is currently forming to the shape of our cast and will be done later tonight. I managed to complete our presentation except for the final slide. Once the mold is finished, I can connect the gel to the mask and complete the mask.
The last few days we've been constructing our mask fit. We've got the facial contours down and are currently working on adjusting the connection of the 3D print and the AirFit F10. Our first actual prototype has areas for improvement however, it isn't far from the final product. In the photos above, our mask is being held together with ductape. A first step toward moving forward from here is to find a clean and durable gluing solution.