The finger, pen cartridge, cover, and pen holder all assembled.
Our final clasp design is done. We used Sketch to edit it as a vector, converted it to a DXF in Illustrator, and after laser cutting and testing the design we're extruding it in Rhino so we can print it.
We're printing 5 new fingers, each with a slot fitted for our pen attachment (or some other) and a new bridge to get rid of all the hot glue. We've removed the front part of the fingers and the rear bridge so we'll be able to add them in when they're finished.
Our original clasp was not strong enough when we tried pulling on it, so we scaled it up slightly so it would print with more infill and printed at a higher resolution to make sure it would be more consistent.
We realized that the other fingers would get in the way of drawing with our current design. To solve this, we needed a way to hold all the fingers down aside from the writing finger. The simplest way would be cutting the string pulling that finger down, so the rest of the fingers would still pull down. This would mean losing the functionality of one finger. Instead, we decided to add a clasp to the string. This still requires the use of the other hand, but the user can easily alternate between full hand control and only holding out the writing finger.