Student Gallery
Enrollment Academic Year Program Fall 2019 PreVu
About Us What is NuVu Calendar Team + Advisors Partners Blog Press Jobs Contact Us
Nuvu X What is NuVuX Offerings Partners
Reset Password
  • Will Drubner

    We spent the first week designing entire tables, we had groups of 2 and were told to use the spine ideas to make the most efficent workspace table. It was a table that was going to be sold to schools and also used at NuVu. There are many different issues that we needed to solve in the current workspaces at NuVu, such as space, outlits, moving it, and overall usefullness of the table. After we made these table designs, we were told to combine them together and had to almost scrap all of our designs. Then in the 2nd week we moved to new groups and started working on new full table. Half way through the week we were to work on seperate sections of the table in groups, but also on the parts of the table we did not originally design. Then in the 3rd week we were given even new groups and told to work on now different parts of the table, we found the solutions to our problems.

    Sofia Love

    For this studio, we had to design tables specifically for NuVu. We needed to think of storage and spacial issues that we as students faced at NuVu. We brainstormed things that we would want to include on the tables like shelves, drawers, attachable cutting boards, and pencil holders. We spent the first week looking for precedents that inspired our preliminary designs for the tables. These precedents really helped us envision what we wanted and needed for our tables. We came up with a list of problems that we faced during a build studio at NuVu and what design choices we made that could solve some of these problems. A huge problem was storage because the tables we currently have at NuVu do not supply storage or enough table space. This was our number one goal: to increase storage and space. The butterfly table design optimized space and storage while including a collapsable leg feature to store the tables away if necessary. 

    Calder Martin

    in this project i worked on how the tables would connect to the spine in this project. I started off with the idea of creating a connection similar to the connection between a truck and a trailer. This idea quickly morphed into a button controlled mechanism that worked similar to a click pen, press once to lower a pin, press again to raise it back up. i worked on this idea for a while before it was decided that mass producing these complex mechanisms would be quite difficult and more work than was necessary. The next iteration was somewhat of a one way hook latch. the wook would slide into a hole and lock itself there. Then, the user could press a button and the hook would rise up and allow the table to move freely again. this design was modified once again into a design with a hook similar to that of a backhoe. it would work without a button, and rather be operated by just pushing the table forward into the rail on the spine.